Senator Siobhan Dunnavant
Siobhan was sworn in her first term of service in the Virginia Senate on January 13, 2016. The Virginia General Assembly is a part-time body that meets for sixty days in even numbered years and forty-five days in odd numbered years. Virginia has forty senators who serve four-year terms, and one hundred delegates who serve two-year terms. Virginia legislators are not full time politicians but citizen legislators in the tradition of our founding fathers. Year round, they maintain their jobs in their home districts in addition to their legislative service. Siobhan is the only physician currently serving in the Virginia Senate.
Senator Dunnavant represents roughly 200,000 people throughout western Henrico and western Hanover (view a map of the district here). Although the legislature meets for only a few months each winter, she maintains a constituent services office year-round which is committed to serving the people of the 12th District.
Acknowledgments & Awards
- Distinguished Advocate for Virginia Business, Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Awarded 2016
- National Security Patriot Award, Act for America, Awarded 2017
- Ira Lederman, M.D. Legislative Vision Award, Virginia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, Awarded 2017
- Advocate Award, Honoring Choices Virginia, Richmond Academy of Medicine, Awarded 2017
- Senate Legislator of the Year, Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Awarded 2018
- Vanguard Award, Virginia NORML, Awarded 2018
Senate Committees & Subcommittees
Visit Senator Dunnavant’s Virginia General Assembly profile here.
- Health and Human Resources
- Health Professionals
- Public Education